The Importance of Weight Gain Pills for Women
Most people who hear about a woman with weight issues almost always automatically assume that she wants to lose weight. It’s a logical conclusion, as more than two-thirds of the adult population in the US is overweight. But there may be more out there who need weight gain pills for women than you think.
The ideal Body Mass Index is between 20 and 25, according to the American Dietetic Association. So those who are below that range is, by definition underweight, and a BMI of 18.5 to as low as 17.5 can be considered extremely underweight. By that definition, the percentage of underweight adults can reach as high as 8 or 9% of the population.
That’s a lot of people, when you think about it. After all, there are more than 316 million people in the US, and if 50.8% of them are female then that’s almost 160.6 million women and girls. And if 8% of them are underweight, that’s about 12.9 million females who are underweight.
And there are probably more women than men who are underweight because of cultural reasons. Most women seem to think that “thin is in” and not that many go for that hard-body muscled physique.
On the other hand, most men would welcome such a muscled physique. Go to a gym, and most serious body builders are men, not women.
Possible Causes of Being Underweight
If you are a woman and your BMI is below the ideal range, it’s always a good idea to see a doctor. There may be some underlying medical reason why you can’t add the pounds to your frame. Some of these medical conditions are very serious, such as cancer or HIV/Aids.
You may also have a digestive disorder. One of the symptoms of this condition is the inability to absorb nutrients from the food properly. So regardless of how much food you consume, you can’t gain weight because is unable to process the food properly.
You may also have an eating disorder as well. This is a psychological condition that involves an obsession with dieting and weight loss. For these conditions, weight gain supplements for women may not suffice.
Of course, you may just have a poor appetite—you eat like a bird. Many of the weight gain pills for women are designed to fix this by stimulating your appetite. It’s a simple equation: you don’t gain weight because you don’t eat much, so by increasing your appetite, you’ll eat more and you’ll gain weight.
Reasons for Gaining Weight
While weight gain pills for females don’t sell as well as weight loss products, there are still some very good reasons why women may want to gain a few more pounds.
- They want to look attractive. It’s the same reason why other women want to lose pounds. Just as being overweight is not really considered sexy by most people, being too skinny is not always considered alluring either. And looking attractive, with all the right curves in the right places, can help women in their social, romantic, and professional lives.
- They don’t want to be accused of being anorexic. If you’re too skinny and you’re a woman, you may have been asked if you’re anorexic more than once. This can be annoying if you hear it too often, and sometimes you can just see some people thinking it.
- You want to be athletic. While some women’s sports and activities prize being underweight (gymnastics and ballet being the most obvious examples), other sports require strength and muscles.
Take tennis, for example. You can hardly find anyone among the top ranks of women’s tennis who can be considered underweight at all. In fact, the best ones such as Serena Williams are packing serious muscles in their frames.
Then there are other sports such as soccer, or even self-defense activities. All these activities require strength and muscles, and that means weight gain for some women.
- You want to be stronger. Maybe you need strength in your job, or perhaps you just want more muscles. There’s nothing wrong with that. Who says that women have to be the weaker sex, anyway?
Possible Complications of Being Underweight
Weight gain products for women are also important because being underweight can lead to more serious complications. Being underweight, in other words, can act as the underlying medical condition that’s messing up your overall health.
Those women who are underweight can have more problems down the road:
- You can be more prone to infection because your immune system is weak and easily compromised.
- You’re more likely to have low muscle mass, which can mean you become too weak.
- You have a higher chance of experiencing hair loss.
- You may also disrupt your ability to absorb crucial nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It’s this complication that can lead to a wide range of possible diseases and conditions.
Having a low BMI can be really dangerous if you plan on having a baby. This was clearly shown in a study published in the online edition of BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. It was conducted by a team based at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and it involved almost 7,000 women who had been pregnant.
It was found that women who were underweight before they became pregnant were 72% more likely to suffer a miscarriage in the first trimester. But it was also found that this risk can be significantly reduced with the right supplements, along with a healthy diet that included fruits and vegetables.
Other pregnancy complications include endometriosis, anemia, and premature rupture of membranes. Aside from harm to yourself, you may be harming your baby too, as the dangers include increased chances of delivering LBW (low birth weight) babies, retarded fetal growth, and perinatal mortality.
How to Gain Weight
If you’re underweight, you need to see a doctor. But you can start with supplements that contain only safe and natural ingredients, such as CB-1. This is a good contender for the best weight gainer for women title, as it explicitly states that it is designed for both men and women and for children as well.
Among the weight gain pills for women you can buy, CB-1 has the best reputation for both safety and effectiveness. That’s because you don’t just get pills. You get an entire package that tells you everything you need to know about gaining weight effectively and safely.